Monday, January 13, 2014

Yak-Gochujang

It's been awhile since I cooked and I manage to find time today to cook another simple Korean dish called Yak-Gochujang which also means Fried Gochujang... I was yet again tempted to try this recipe after I watched Maangchi's cooking channel at Youtube... 

It's such a simple recipe and it's great to eat it with rice and roasted seaweed... Yum... It tasted spicy, sweet and a little salty... I used beef for this recipe and you can substitute with chicken or mushroom (for vegans) if you like...



I made a very simple kimbap with the fried gochujang and it's absolutely delicious!!! The saltiness of gochujang paste is toned down by rice and the crunchiness of roasted seaweed adds biting textures to it... 

My simple lunch!


Recipe for Yak-Gochujang (yields 2 servings):

Ingredients:
- 150g of lean beef meat (cubed to 1cmx1cm size)
- 4 big garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbs of sesame oil
- 2 tbs of gochujang paste
- 1 tbs of honey

Steps:
1. Oil the pan with sesame oil. Add in minced garlic and fry till it turn golden.
2. Add in cubed beef and stir fry till they turned brown.
3. Add the gochujang paste and stir for 5 mins at low heat.
4. Finally add honey and stir fry for another 5 mins.
5. Dish up and pair it with rice or use it to make kimbap!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog