Sunday, July 07, 2013

Marmite Chicken

I have a weak spot for salty food and Marmite is one of them... I used to spread it on crackers and munch it as I watch TV at home... Sometimes I will dig it out from the bottle with my index finger and lick it like honey... Yumm... My mum will nag me and said that I'm disgusting and crazy for eating Marmite... Well, I can't help it... It's delicious!!!!

I'm also fond of Marmite chicken which is served at restaurants and IT IS SO DAMN DELICIOUS!!!!! I wish I could lick the plate clean because the sauce is really freaking nice!!! And the worst thing is... It's only available in Penang... Dammit!!! 

So, one fine day, I woke up and had sudden urge for this dish and I google-d the recipe online and I studied the recipe at a few cooking blogs to see ingredients commonality (some bloggers had good pictures but when I followed their recipe, it turns out really distasteful) and how they cook... I need to cook perfectly for my favourite food because if it is successful, I can cook it whenever I want without having to wait till I go back to Penang!

So, behold.....

Marmite Chicken

Honestly, I think I did pretty well on this dish... My husband loves it and it taste sooooooooo G.O.O.D!!

I don't have maltose and this is why my Marmite chicken isn't dark enough like the ones they have in the restaurant... Well, who cares... at least it's edible... Haha!!

Ingedients:
- 500gm of chicken fillet
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp of corn flour
- 200 ml of cooking oil
- black pepper for seasoning
- 1 tsp of light soy sauce

Sauce:
- 2 tsp of Marmite paste
- 2 tsp of honey
- 100ml hot water to dilute

The cooking process:
Clean the chicken fillet and pat them dry with kitchen towel.

Mince 6 cloves of garlic (I love garlic and I'm gonna generously use it in my cooking) and set aside.

Mix the sauce ingredients and set aside.

Adjust Marmite and honey to taste

Beat an egg in a mixing bowl and add the fillet in.

Add a dash of pepper and add the corn flour in. Mix thoroughly.

Wrap the mixing bowl with plastic sheet and leave it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.

When you are ready to cook, add cooking oil into the pan and deep fry the marinated fillet till it turns golden brown.



Dish out and pour the oil out.

Heat the same pan and throw in your minced garlic. Fry them till they turn golden.

Add the sauce (Marmite+honey+hot water) and wait for it to boil.

Now, add the fillet in and stir fry it till the sauce thickens. Dish out and serve!

They smelled sooooo goood..

So, there you have it! Simple yet delicious Marmite Chicken!! 
Perfect to eat with rice!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't bother. This person does not give a complete instruction. Leaves you hanging with the soy sauce.

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Search This Blog